Home School Community Liaison (H.S.C.L.)
HSCL refers to a “Home School Community Liaison" Coordinator.
The aim of the “Home School Community Liaison Teacher” is to develop partnership and co-operation between parents, teachers and relevant community agencies. Everybody works together with the best interests of the children in mind. Parents are encouraged to participate more fully in their children’s education and to become more involved the life of the school. We encourage parents to become aware of their own ability in enhancing their children’s educational progress.
Curragh Camp GNS has a dedicated full time Home School Community Liaison Coordinator whose job it is to provide this essential link between home and school. Our HSCL Teacher is Norma Fitzgerald.
The HSCL Coordinator works with parents/guardians in a number of ways;
- visiting parents/guardians in their homes
- organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school (e.g. example computer classes, support classes for parents)
- actively involving parents/guardians in their children’s education e.g through projects such as Science for Fun, Maths for Fun and Literacy for Fun
- promoting closer partnership between teachers and parents
- working with relevant community agencies that play a role in the life if the child
- Norma is available from 8.50am – 3:00pm each school day.
How to contact Norma...
Parents can drop into the school to talk
They can phone her on 085 - 1715406
Or they may email Norma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home School Liaison Coordinator
Curragh Camp Schools
085 - 1715406