15th May 2020
Dear Parent(s)/ Guardian(s)
I hope you and your families are keeping well.
I am writing this letter to let you know the arrangements for the last two weeks of term.
By now, you have received your child’s most up to date remote teaching timetable.
Teachers are following this timetable and are either emailing a work package during their scheduled time slot, or hosting a zoom lesson and in some cases both. This will continue until Friday 22nd May.
We understand that access to devices and stable internet connection is causing challenges for some.
If for any reason a student does not have access to e-mail or is having trouble with their device, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as soon as possible, to enable us to make alternative arrangements prior to the assessments.
Summer Assessment 2020 – 1st, 2nd and 5th year
Summer assessment- 20% of the grade
11.15 – 1.00
2.00 – 3.45
Wood Tech/ Music
11.15 – 1.00
2.00 – 3.45
11.15 – 1.00
2.00 – 3.45
The school year will finish for 1st, 2nd and 5th year students on completion of their last exam on Wednesday 27th May.
Summer reports will be posted out in June. Please ensure that your child keeps their locker key somewhere safe over the Summer to enable them to access their locker next term.
If you would like any further information please contact me at my email address above.
The purpose of the campaign is to support the Irish people during this difficult phase. It provides tips on:
Dear Parents and students,
Curragh Post Primary School will carry out Summer assessment tasks in each subject worth a max of 20%. These assessments will take place form May 25th - 27th . The remaining 80% of the grade will be results earned by your child over the duration of the year gone by in class tests and exams. The timetables will be emailed to you.
Your child's subject teacher will let you know in due course what the assessments will entail and how they will be conducted. It will be submitted in a similar way to return of classwork since our online progmamme of learning began in the middle of March.
May 1st 2020
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and Students,
Before Easter the Department of Education and Skills announced that the Junior Certificate Exams due to take place in June were cancelled and students would complete school based assessments in September 2020. However, on April 29th the Department announced that 3rd yr students would receive a Certificate of Completion of the Junior Cycle by the Department of Education and a school Junior Cycle Achievement Report.
The Curragh Post Primary School will carry out assessment tasks in each subject worth a max of 20%. These assessments will take place form May 18th -22nd. We will issue you with a detailed timetable and instructions of how these assessments will take place next week. The remaining 80% of the grade will be results earned by your child over the duration of their Junior Cycle studies in Christmas, summer and mock exams.
The teachers will continue to support your child’s learning in the month of May with online learning classes, support materials and assignments. It is extremely important that your child continues to engage in this learning.
We hope this certainty of the completion of Junior Cycle studies and assessment by the end of May 2020 gives certainty and relief to you all. If you seek any further clarification please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will phone you at the earliest possible opportunity. Remember your child’s teachers are here to help and are continuing to work hard to support your child at this very challenging time.
Wishing you a safe May Bank Holiday Weekend.
I have attached the application for anyone who does not already have it.
I would like to highlight what a great opportunity you have to be prefects as it is very beneficial to have on your CV and you will gain great teamwork and leadership skills during the short programme. You will also get the chance to act as mentors for next years 1st year students, aid teachers in the organisation and supervision of trips, as well as many other positives activities.
Announced today - 3rd Yr Junior Cycle students will be awarded certificates for completion of the Junior Cycle by the Dept. of Ed following school assessment to be completed by end of May. Curragh Post Primary School is responding as quickly as we can & will contact you with details asap. We hope this certainty helps ease stress levels for you all especially our 3rd Yr students.
I hope you had a great Easter break.
For today's class, I want you to complete the attached work in relation to e-mails in an office for a business.
Please return the work by the end of the day. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to e-mail me during the day.
Have a great day!
Hi everyone,Please find attached an LCVP work sheet on Unemployment and Training. Please do the following:
Any questions feel free to email me.