Lesson 1- (Wednesday)
Topic: Settlement on an OS Map (Rural)
Textbook pages: 92-94
Learning Intention: Identify various settlements on an OS map and explain the factors which can influence location and density of settlement.
1) Read pages 92-94.
2) Complete the activity in the yellow box, bottom of page 93. Identifying antiquities.
3) Illustrate 3 types of Rural Settlements in your copy.
4) Write a paragraph summarising the factors that effect density of settlement. (All of the information you need is on the pages mentioned above)
Lesson 2- (Friday)
Topic: Settlement Development on an OS Map (Urban)
Textbook pages: 95-97
Learning Intention: Explain the development of any urban settlement in Ireland.
1) Read pages 95-97.
2) Create a fact file to summarise the sample answer on the development of Swords. (Page 97)
3) Do the activity in the blue box, bottom of page 97. Explain the development of settlement in Drogheda.
Ms. N. Dalton