Hope you had a lovely weekend. I have attached the work for today's lesson. Can you please let me know if you are getting my emails and if the files are opening for you. Could you also check in with your classmates to ensure they are also getting the work. If there are any issues just send me an email.
Today's class work is attached to this email as a PDF.. You will need the Bravo Book (P236-277) I have also uploaded these pages as photos to my drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=13PiPVP80LIoBHJwNjTaBr1xXFn-1xrXy. This is due FRIDAY the 20th.
I have also created a weebly page for all classroom resources so that you can have access at home - I would like to move to uploading all files to this page instead of sending massive emails with pictures and videos so please try and access it and let me know if its working. Its a little empty at the moment as i am still trying to create it so if there is something missing that you need just give me an email. http://mrmccolganmusic.weebly.com/
As always guys - any questions or issues just send me an email.
3 rd Year Music Classwork 18/03/20 ‘Create a set of notes on Choice songs’
Using the information on P236-277 of Bravo, choose one song from each of the following category: 1. Accompanied and Unaccompanied Irish songs
2. Folk Songs from other countries
3. Songs composed by the great master of the 20th Century
4. Historical and Modern Ballads
5. Popular songs including negro spirituals jazz and blues
6. Accompanied and Unaccompanied vocal and church music
7. Songs from operas, operattas, cantattas, oratorios and stage musicals
8. Songs involving simple descants, ostinato, simple two-part songs, rounds and cannons.
YOU ONLY NEED ONE FROM EACH SECTION…. Do not make extra work for yourself! When you have chosen a song for each category answer the following questions for each (in essay format) These will be your notes for the choice song section of your exam.
1. What is the name of the category?
2. What is the name of your choice song from this category?
3. Name the composer (this isn’t always available – it will only be asked if the composer is known)
4. Name and explain four features of the song (Melodic AND Rythmic if possible)
Please forward me either a picture of the notes in your copy or a word document – whatever is easiest for you. Best of Luck!