Good Morning 6th years,
I hope your are all well and using your time to engage with your studies. Due to the current situation we are in I will bring forward our scheduled revision programme. this will involve me sending you a list of questions per topic. They are all questions which have appeared on LC papers over the years. I will also send you a power-point of support notes on the topic.
Your Task: Answer the set questions on a word document and email me your answers. I will correct your work and email you back feedback and corrections.
I will contact you as per our timetable and expect to hear back from you on these days!
Good Luck and keep in touch
1. Give a concise note on the nutritional significance of meat?
2. Name four proteins present in meat?
3. What are meat extractives?
4. Give an account of the dietetic value of meat
(Contribution to the diet – why it is important in the diet/who is it important for/what nutrients are missing)
5. Give an illustrated account of the structure of meat
6. List four guidelines to follow when buying/choosing meat?
7. List four guidelines to follow when storing meat?
8. List four guidelines to follow when preparing meat?
9. Enumerate the effects of cooking on meat?
10. Explain the factors that cause toughness in meat?
11. Name and briefly explain the methods used to tenderise meat?
12. Outline four methods of processing meat and comment on the effects of processing on the nutritive value
13. List four meat products
14. Write a concise note on gelatine
15. List the nutrients present in poultry
16. What is offal? What nutrients are present? Name two dishes which involve the use of offal?
17. Identify and explain six key factors that a consumer should consider when purchasing protein foods to ensure economy (money saving) and safety.