The area of Guidance helps students to identify career and vocational goals by developing their self-analysis skills and sourcing and managing career information. This involves –
1. having an understanding of the pathways into higher education,
2. making and carrying out appropriate life choices and plans,
3. practising interview techniques, CV writing and cover letters,
4. identifying strengths and weakness from the results of various interest and aptitude tests,
5. becoming aware of employment opportunities
All 6th year students now have access to Career Guidance in Microsoft Teams, please feel free to discuss these options with your child.