May 1st 2020
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and Students,
Before Easter the Department of Education and Skills announced that the Junior Certificate Exams due to take place in June were cancelled and students would complete school based assessments in September 2020. However, on April 29th the Department announced that 3rd yr students would receive a Certificate of Completion of the Junior Cycle by the Department of Education and a school Junior Cycle Achievement Report.
The Curragh Post Primary School will carry out assessment tasks in each subject worth a max of 20%. These assessments will take place form May 18th -22nd. We will issue you with a detailed timetable and instructions of how these assessments will take place next week. The remaining 80% of the grade will be results earned by your child over the duration of their Junior Cycle studies in Christmas, summer and mock exams.
The teachers will continue to support your child’s learning in the month of May with online learning classes, support materials and assignments. It is extremely important that your child continues to engage in this learning.
We hope this certainty of the completion of Junior Cycle studies and assessment by the end of May 2020 gives certainty and relief to you all. If you seek any further clarification please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will phone you at the earliest possible opportunity. Remember your child’s teachers are here to help and are continuing to work hard to support your child at this very challenging time.
Wishing you a safe May Bank Holiday Weekend.